Monday, March 23, 2015

Manggahan

Hello world! It's almost a month since my last blog post. Guess I'm a little busy these days. Anyways, I am back and I'd like to share my food trip last weekend. ;)

After a long tiring day at work, the best thing to do aside from relaxing is ----> eating! All day talking sure makes you tired so after work, Jera, Cherry and I decided to eat out somewhere. Jera suggested Manggahan which is located near Pino Restaurant in Lahug.


Manggahan has opened it's door way back the year 2013 and this is going to be my first time to try the place. I have heard good reviews about the place and I was really curious why they called it Manggahan. haha For your information, manggahan in our dialect means an area with a lot of mango trees, thus the name.

The facade of the place is good, simple yet very inviting. As we entered the restaurant, we were greeted by their staff. We were then given the menu. This was not Jera and Cherry's first time to eat here, so they were the ones who ordered for the three of us. haha

Here's our orders:
(p.s. I forgot to take note of the names of the dishes >.<)

Platter of Hipon Rice 

One should definitely give this a try. Hipon is not only good for pairing with green mango, it's also a good combo with rice!

Monggos (Mung Beans Soup)

I personally don't like to eat monggos due to some health complications (ehem2x, if you know what I mean. haha) But I gave it a try and it was just okay.. the normal taste of monggos. :P
• Pancit Canton (noodles)

Nothing beats pancit canton! Be it for snacks or viand. 


 •  Pork Barbeque 

This is definitely a hit for most of the people. Enjoy a stick or two of this pork barbeque dipped in your favorite sauce (sawsawan).

Chopsuey

A healthy choice consisting of various vegetables and meat.

 Mixed Juice

Mixed oranges, watermelon, calamansi- to thirst your quench!

The food was great! We even had a hard time eating all of it so we ended up bringing home some of the food.

Location:
30 Wilson St., Lahug, Cebu City

2 comments: