Monday, May 19, 2014

Banoffee Pie @ Leona Cakes and Pastries

Banoffee Pie
If you have a sweet tooth and you love bread and pastries, Leona Cakes and Pastries can cater your cravings! This shop is known for its mouthwatering cakes, breads and other pastries.

What I love about Leona's is that their cakes and pastries are not that sweet and the thing that keeps me going there is there chocolate bread and of course their Banoffee Pie.

Banoffee pie is an English dessert pie made from bananas, cream and toffee from boiled condensed milk (or dulce de leche), either on a pastry base or one made from crumbled biscuits and butter.

 (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banoffee_pi)

I can still remember the first time I tasted this pie when my workmates and I went to SM City Cebu just to eat this. At first I was like "okay, I'll take a small bite" but when it entered my mouth "OMAI. It's really good!" and since then, I always crave for Banoffee. haha

A slice of banoffee is Php 59.00 and you can visit their branches in Mabolo (Juan Luna Avenue), Banilad (GQS Bldg. beside UC Banilad Campus), Northwing SM City Cebu and J Centre Mall.

8 comments: