Thursday, October 2, 2014

Divergent Series

"We believe in ordinary acts of bravery in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."
For the past few weeks, I've been absorbed in reading Veronica Roth's novels-- Divergent, Insurgent and Allegiant. 

The first time I heard about this is from a friend who told me that she watched the movie Divergent (imagine, I didn't even know it was already a movie. haha) but was disappointed because it was a little different from the book (of course, this really happens all the time when a book is turned to a movie). So I got curious and watched the movie too. Because I wasn't able to read the book yet, I didn't have any heartache, then later on, I decided to read the book and bang! I was disappointed. -_-


And because I was left hanging what will happen next, I read the next book which is Insurgent. The second book was okay, the ending was better and it will leave the audience curious and because I became curious, I read the next one; Allegiant.

There were a lot of surprises in the third book and when I finished reading the book, I was really SAD. I didn't expect that would be the ending. Nevertheless, Roth's imaginative mind really nailed the story.

I don't want to be a spoiler so better read it for yourself guys. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment